November 19, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2008 WINTER FANTASY OFFERS SPECIAL EXTENDED ART CLASSES: WINTER ART SERIES
(2008 Winter Fantasy runs four weekends: November 22 – December 14)
Laguna Beach, Ca – Committing to its mission of educating the public and promoting the arts, the Sawdust Art Festival is offering special extended art classes, the Winter Art Series, at the 2008 Winter Fantasy, including:
• Acrylic Painting with Doug Miller – Learn how to paint beautiful scenes of Laguna Beach with prolific acrylic painter, Doug Miller, on 8”x10” canvas. All ages welcome; $5 fee; Sunday, November 23; 1 pm – 3 pm.
• Wreath Making with Judy Kearby – Experience the craft of wreath making with Winter Fantasy exhibitor, Judy Kearby. Wreaths are 24” in diameter and decorative colors and embellishments vary. Ages 10 to adult; $10 fee; Sunday, November 30 & Sunday, December 7; 1 pm – 2:30 pm.
• T-shirt Design Contest – Children ages 12 and under are invited to enter the Sawdust T-shirt Design Contest. Submit a t-shirt design using four colors of crayons at the Children’s Art Spot, and enter the chance to be the chosen designer of the 2009 summer Sawdust Art Festival children’s t-shirt. Winner will be announced December 13 and receive a $100 US Savings Bond and two 2009 Sawdust Annual Passes.
• Children’s Art Spot – In addition to the Sawdust T-shirt Design Contest, the Children’s Art Spot will offer many creative holiday art and craft projects, from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm, including Clay Icicles, Star Ornaments, Rudolf Windsocks, Snowman Banners and Santa Pockets. Recommended for ages 5 to 8. Projects are free of charge. Donations are welcome.
• Ceramics Booth – Visitors can create their own ceramics clay pot using our potter’s throwing wheels from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. Take the pot home (unfired) same day free of charge. A $15 fee includes firing and shipping to your home. No pick-ups during the winter show. All ages welcome.
• Sawdust Studio – A wide variety of projects are taught by Winter Fantasy exhibitors using various media at the Sawdust Studio from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm, and include: Coffee Filter Poinsettias with Rosemarie Rossi, Leather Key Chains with David Sullenger, Bracelet Making with Janeen Shagman, Origami Cards with Jenny Chen Morgan, Drypoint Etching, Monoprints and more. Recommended for ages 5 to adult depending on project. Projects are free of charge. Donations are welcome.
The 18th Annual Winter Fantasy at the Sawdust Art Festival runs for four weekends: November 22 & 23, November 28, 29 & 30, December 6 & 7 and December 13 & 14.Hours are 10 am – 6 pm. Adult admission is $6; Seniors $5, age 65 and up; $3 for children age 6-12; children under five years of age are free; and $9 for a Season Pass.
The festival is located at the Sawdust Art Festival, 935 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA 92651. For additional information, please visit www.sawdustartfestival.org or call 949-494-3030.
and promoting the art created in Laguna Beach.