July 27, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAWDUST ART FESTIVAL CELEBRATES FIRST EVER COUNTRY WESTER DAY
(Sawdust’s 2012 Country Western Day takes place Saturday, August 4)
Laguna Beach, CA – Sawdust Art Festival is hosting its first Country Western Day on Saturday, August 4, with themed musical entertainment, art classes and Saloon specials to celebrate the day’s festivities. Saloon Specials include $7 Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay and $4 Landshark beer.
Below are schedules highlighting live entertaiment and art classes, all complimentary with entry to celebrate the Country Western-themed day:
Country Western Day Musical Entertainment:
- Denise Rosier (11:30 am – 4 pm) – Country music at Tavern Stage.
- Annie McQueen (11:30am – 4 pm) – Acoustic Country music at Greek Grill Stage.
- Patty Booker & The Players (12 – 4:30 pm) – Honkey Tonk music at the Main Entertainment Deck.
- Sean Wiggins & Lone Goat (5 – 9:30 pm) – Country Rock music at the Tavern Stage.
- Graham Robby (5-9:30 pm) – Country music at the Greek Grill Stage.
- Eileen Carey Band (5:30 – 9:45 pm) – Country music at the Main Entertainment Deck.
Country Western Day Art Classes:
- Western Bandanas & More! (10:30 am – 12:30 pm) – Create your own country western bandana out of material and fabric. Also, deck yourself out with a leather wristband. Location: Children’s Art Spot; Ages: 4+.
- Wild West Signs (10:30 am – 12:30 pm) – Join Sawdust artist Cary Holt and craft your own wooden wild west sign. Paint your own message! Location: Studio One; Ages: 6 to adult.
- Western Hats (1 – 3 pm) – Make a dashing cowboy hat out of brown paper bags and decorative pieces. Location: Studio One; Ages: 6+.
- Prairie Cactus (4 – 5:30 pm) – Create a beautiful prairie scene using watercolor paints and torn black contruction paper. Location: Children’s Art Spot; Ages: 4+.
- Cowboy Clay Creations (4 – 5:30 pm) – Sculpt your own western round-up of clay characters using air-dry clay and felt-tip markers. Location: Children’s Art Spot; Ages: 4+.
To check out more details about the Sawdust Art Festival’s 46th annual summer season and calendar of events, please visit www.sawdustartfestival.org or call 949-494-3030. The Sawdust Art Festival is open 10-10 daily June 29 through September 2, and is located at 935 Laguna Canyon Road in Laguna Beach with free City trolley service to and from the Act V parking lot. Admission prices are: Adults $7.75, Seniors (65+) $6.25, Children (6-12) $3.25, Children (5 & under) Free; Summer Season Pass $15; Annual Pass $20.
The Sawdust Art Festival is a non-profit art organization dedicated to educating the public and promoting the art created in Laguna Beach.
The Sawdust Art Festival thanks its 2012 sponsors Honda, 104.3 MYfm, Hoegaarden and Kendall-Jackson.