SAWDUST ART FESTIVAL PRESENTS ANNUAL BEATLES DAY
(Sawdust’s Beatles Day takes place Saturday, August 18)
Laguna Beach, CA – The Sawdust Art Festival presents its festive Beatles Day this Saturday, August 18 from 10 am to 10 pm. Beatles classics will be covered on musical entertainment stages throughout the day, ‘60s era art and craft projects will be featured at the Children’s Art Spot and Studio One, and Euro Specials will be offered at the Sawdust Saloon. Highlights of Beatles Day include:
60’s-themed art and craft projects
- Yellow Submarine – Make a picture of an iconic yellow submarine under the sea using construction paper and oil pastels. 10:30 am – 12:30 pm at Studio One, complimentary with admission, ages 4-10.
- Tie-Dye Shoelaces – Join Sawdust artist Michelle Holt in her ‘60s tie-dye class and make psychedelic shoelaces. 10:30 am – 12:30 pm at Studio One, $2 materials fee, ages 6+.
- Groovy Headbands – Make a groovy headband with dyed fabric and beads. 1-3 pm at the Children’s Art Spot, complimentary with admission, ages 4-10.
- ‘60s Rock Painting – Paint a rock with ‘60s images using acrylic paints. 1-3 pm at Studio One, complimentary with admission, ages 6 to adult.
- ‘60s Peace Pictures – Make pictures with tie-dye collage paper, peace signs and fun images. 3:30-5:30 pm at the Children’s Art Spot, complimentary with admission, ages 4-10.
- Flower Power in Oil Pastels – Create fabulous flowers using oil pastels on paper. 3:30-5:30 pm at Studio One, complimentary with admission, ages 6 to adult.
Euro Specials at the Sawdust Saloon
The Sawdust Saloon will be offering Euro Specials during Beatles Day on Saturday, August 20 - 16 oz. Hoegaarden, Stella Artois, Leffe Blonde and Yoko’s favorite, Kirin Ichiban for $5!
Musical entertainers performing Beatles covers
- Jason Feddy Band – 12-4:30 pm on the Main Entertainment Deck
- George Lawton – 11:30 am-4 pm at the Grill stage
- Really Classic – 11:30 am-4:30 pm at the Tavern stage
- Isle of Lucy – 5:30-9:45 pm on the Main Entertainment Deck
- Beth Fitchet Wood – 5-9:30 pm at the Grill stage
- Jim & Warren – 5-9:30 pm at the Tavern stage
To check out more details about the Sawdust Art Festival’s 46th annual summer season and calendar of events, please visit www.sawdustartfestival.org or call 949-494-3030. The Sawdust Art Festival is open 10-10 daily June 29 through September 2, and is located at 935 Laguna Canyon Road in Laguna Beach with free City trolley service to and from the Act V parking lot. Admission prices are: Adults $7.75, Seniors (65+) $6.25, Children (6-12) $3.25, Children (5 & under) Free; Summer Season Pass $15; Annual Pass $20.
The Sawdust Art Festival is a non-profit art organization dedicated to educating the public and promoting the art created in Laguna Beach.
The Sawdust Art Festival thanks its 2012 sponsors Honda, 104.3 MYfm, Hoegaarden and Kendall-Jackson.